Back to listing
VA TECH WABAG GmbH,
Dresdner Strasse 87-91,
VA TECH WABAG is a pure play water technology multinational with presence in 4 continents and over 20 countries. Markets with WABAG presence include countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America, Middle East, South East Asia and the Indian subcontinent.
As a technology integrator with proven expertise in water, wastewater and desalination treatment field, WABAG has developed a wealth of experience over the last 9 decades. WABAG’s service range is based on a holistic life-cycle model from process conceptualization to after-sales services and long-term plant operation, and comprises business models such as Engineering-Procurement-Construction (EPC), Design-BuildOperate (DBO), Build-Own-Operate (BOO) and expansion.
In the desalination segment, WABAG offers a range of technologies: reverse osmosis (RO), thermal desalination technologies (MED, MVC, TVC, MSF), ion exchange (IX) and electro-dialysis processes (ED), including all pre- and post-treatment technologies. WABAG’s global references bear ample testimony to the company’s expertise with each of the technologies.
Over the years, WABAG has kept abreast with the trends in the desalination sector and is a major global player in offering reverse osmosis (RO) technology for the desalination of sea and brackish water, as well as for industrial effluent treatment, with a focus on water recycling and reuse.
Special emphasis is placed on efficient pre-treatment systems which employ highly effective ultra-and microfiltration systems apart from conventional filtration and clarification.
Equipped with comprehensive process know how, WABAG provides tailor-made solutions which are innovative, eco-friendly and cost-effective with minimal area footprint to suit client requirements and address new challenges.
These value propositions validate the brand’s tagline: sustainable solutions. for a better life.
Selected References: EPC Contractor
- Sohar Industrial Port Area, Muscat, Oman 2013, 20,000 m³/d RO
- Nemmeli Desalination Plant, India 2013, 100,000 m³/d RO
- QSTec Polysilicon Project, Qatar 2015, 12,480 m³/d RO
- Cirebon Power Plant, Indonesia 2010, 2,181 m³/d RO
- Jawa Tengah Desalination Plant, Indonesia 2009, 6,000 m³/d MED
- Mundra Port SEZ, Gujarat, India 2010, 21,000 m³/d RO
- Jamnagar, Gujarat, India 2016, 24,000 m³/d RO
- Muaratawar Power Plant, Indonesia 2011, 500 m³/d RO
- Cirebon Power Plant, Kanci, Jakarta, Indonesia 2008, RO
- Duqm, Oman 2010, 6,000 m³/d SWRO
- Suralaya, Indonesia 2010, 6,000 m³/d MED
- Rembang, Indonesia 2010, 6,000 m³/d MED
- Adani, Mundra, India 2010, 20,000 m³/d RO
- Al Wasia, Saudi Arabia 2010, 200,000 m³/d RO
- Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia 2009, 50,000 m³/d RO
- MCC-PTA, Haldia, India 2008, 24,000 m³/d RO
- Khoms, Libya 2008, 30,000 m³/d MSF (Refurbishment)
- CPCL, Chennai, India 2008, 7,680 m³/d RO
- Zliten, Libya 2008, 30,000 m³/d MSF (Refurbishment)
- IOCL, Panipat, India 2006, 21,600 m³/d RO
- GMDC, Kutch, Gujarat, India 2006, 2,560 m³/d MED
- Benghazi North, Libya 2005, 4,800 m³/d MED
- Burrup Peninsula, Australia 2004, 3,600 m³/d MVC
- Balikpapan, Indonesia 2001, 4,800 m³/d MED
- APPDCL, Krishnapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India 2012, 6,000 m³/d RO
- Al Ghubrah IWP, Muscat, Oman 2015, 190,932 m³/d RO
- Essar Oil, India 2011, 12,960 m³/d
- HPCL, Vizag, India 2009, 2,400 m³/d RO
- Bandar Imam, Iran 2003, 88,000 m³/d RO
- Koyambedu, Chennai, India 2018, 45,000 m³/d RO
- Dahej Refinery, India 2017, 4,800 m³/d RO
- Dangote Fertilizer, Nigeria 2017, 60,000 m³/d RO
- Yunus Emre PP, Turkey 2018, 960 m³/d RO
- NCC Power Project Nellore, India 2014, 13,248 m³/d RO
- Atlas Methanol, Trinidad & Tobago 2004, 1,680 m³/d MED
Selected References: Main Contractor
- Additional module for SWRO Plant, J3 Program, India 2017, 24,000 m³/d RO
- Dangote petrochemical refinery , LFZ-RO-DM, CPU & ETP Package, Lagos , Nigeria 2019, 26,400 m³/d RO
- Dangote petrochemical refinery , RWTP Package, Lagos, Nigeria 2019, 110,040 m³/d RO
Selected References: Sub-contractor
- Long Phu 1, Thermal Power Plant - Desalination, Vietnam 2020, 7,200 m³/d RO
- Long Phu 1, Thermal Power Plant - Demineralisation, Vietnam 2020, 3,600 m³/d RO
- Complete reconstruction of Power station Prunerov II , Czech Republic 2016, 1,920 m³/d RO