Back to listing
SIDEM, subsidiary of Veolia Water Technologies (VWT), has over 100 years of experience in desalination dating back to the first thermal desalination units in 1890’s.
Benefiting from references of hundreds of running facilities around the world, SIDEM is committed to deliver reliable desalination plants that meet customer's expectations in terms of quality, delivery time and cost. SIDEM can rely on its regional offices (Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, India …) and on VWT which provide local commercial support, engineering services, as well as resources in field activities.
With a total of 6,000,000 m3/day of SWRO and MED installed capacity, SIDEM combines proven expertise with unsurpassed innovation for both technologies. R&D has always been SIDEM’s strategic priority. From detailed process parameters to materials selection, continuous efforts are made to develop innovative solutions for the benefit of our customers. For instance in enhancing advanced pre-treatment solutions for SWRO plants, SIDEM has allowed drastic reduction of plants footprint, significant decrease of electrical and chemical consumption as well as overall improvement of the plants performance.
Selected References: Thermal Desalination - Design and Build
- Shougang - Unit 5, Caofeidian, China 2016, 35,000 m³/d Thermal
- Az Zour North 1 IWPP, Kuwait 2013, 490,970 m³/d Thermal
Selected References: Membrane Desalination - Design and Build
- Sharqiyah Desalination - Expansion, Sur, Oman 2015, 48,000 m³/d RO
- BWSIP P3 & P4, Basrah, Iraq 2014, 199,000 m³/d RO
- Masdar - Renewable Energy Desalination Program, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 2014, 300 m³/d RO
- Sadara (Marafiq) SWRO, Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia 2013, 178,800 m³/d RO
- Aruba desalination plant, Aruba 2012, 24,000 m³/d RO
- Az Zour South SWRO, Kuwait 2011, 136,000 m³/d RO