Back to listing
SIDEM, a subsidiary of Veolia Water Technologies, has over 100 years of experience in desalination dating back to the first thermal desalination units in the 1890’s.
Benefiting from references of hundreds of running facilities around the world, SIDEM is committed to delivering reliable desalination plants that meet customers' expectations in terms of quality, delivery time and cost. SIDEM can rely on its regional offices (Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, India, etc) and on other Veolia Water Technologies entities to provide local commercial support and engineering services, as well as resources in field activities.
With a total of 6,000,000 m³/day of SWRO and MED installed capacity, SIDEM combines proven expertise with unsurpassed innovation for both technologies. R&D has always been SIDEM’s strategic priority. From detailed process parameters to materials selection, continuous efforts are made to develop innovative solutions for the benefit of our customers. With its new disruptive, safe, compact and digital RO technology, the BARREL™, and its advanced pre-treatment solutions for SWRO plants, SIDEM has enabled the drastic reduction of plants’ footprints and the significant decrease of electrical and chemical consumption as well as the overall improvement in plant performance.
Selected References: Membrane Desalination - Design and Build
- Umm Al Quwain, United Arab Emirates 2019, 681,800 m³/d RO
- Rabigh 3 IWP, Rabigh, Saudi Arabia 2019, 600,000 m³/d RO
- Al Dur 2 IWPP, Al Dur, Bahrain 2019, 227,000 m³/d RO
- Sharqiyah Desalination - Expansion, Sur, Oman 2015, 48,000 m³/d RO
- BWSIP P3 & P4, Basrah, Iraq 2014, 199,000 m³/d RO
- Masdar - Renewable Energy Desalination Program, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 2014, 300 m³/d RO
- Sadara (Marafiq) SWRO, Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia 2013, 178,800 m³/d RO
- Aruba desalination plant, Aruba 2012, 24,000 m³/d RO
- Az Zour South SWRO, Kuwait 2011, 136,000 m³/d RO
Selected References: Thermal Desalination - Design and Build
- Ras Lanouf, Libya 2019, 16,000 m³/d MED
- WHR + CFP (ADNOC), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 2018, 48,800 m³/d MED
- Shougang - Unit 5, Caofeidian, China 2016, 35,000 m³/d Thermal
- Az Zour North 1 IWPP, Kuwait 2013, 490,970 m³/d Thermal
- Yanbu 2, Saudi Arabia 2011, 63,348 m³/d MED
- MAEK Kazatomprom, Aktau, Kazakhstan 2010, 24,000 m³/d MED