Back to listing
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility – and have been doing so for more than 150 years.
BASF offers an established range of customer-centric solutions and products for the water industry. The portfolio of the globally acting business unit Water Chemicals is used in the key processes of industrial and municipal water treatment. We are a leading supplier of chemicals to protect desalination plants, cooling towers and boilers from scaling or to purify the raw water used for the production of drinking water, to treat waste water stream and industrial process water. We are fully committed to the high important topic “WATER”. Discover our latest product developments for the water industry market:
Sokalan® AF-X – New water soluble and readily biodegradable antifoam for thermal desalination processes providing excellent foam control properties at low dosage rates.
Sokalan® RO 3500 – New multifunctional antiscalant for RO-Membrane treatment with proven performance on various scales, different feed water compositions and desalination plant operating conditions.
Zetag® ULTRA – Latest product line of cationic ultra-high molecular weight powder flocculants for superior sludge dewatering performance at lower dosage rates.
Selected References: Chemical supplier
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, Dubai, United Arab Emirates 2,000,000 m³/d MSF
- Ministry of Electricity and Water, Kuwait 1,880,909 m³/d MSF
- Qatar Electricity and Water Company, (QEWC) , Qatar 900,000 m³/d MSF
- Marafiq Jubail IWPP, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia 790,000 m³/d MED
- ITM Umm Al Nar, Abu Dhabi UAE, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 730,000 m³/d MSF
- AGP - Taweelah "B" Plant, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 450,000 m³/d MSF
- GECOL Homs Power and Water Station, Libya, Libya 410,000 m³/d MSF
- Ras Lanuf Oil Company (RASCO), Libya 410,000 m³/d MSF
- Fujairah 1 Emirates Sembcorp, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates 307,000 m³/d MSF
- Ras Laffan C, Ras Girtas Power Company, Qatar 290,000 m³/d MED
- Hidd Power Company, Bahrain, Bahrain 272,000 m³/d MED
- Gulf Total Tractebel company, Taweelah A2, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 240,000 m³/d MED
- Ghubra Power and Water, Oman 190,909 m³/d MSF
- General Desalination Company Libya (All Plants), Libya 190,000 m³/d MED
- Gulf Total Tractebel company, Taweelah A1, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 145,000 m³/d MSF
- Hidd Power Company, Bahrain, Bahrain 140,000 m³/d MSF
- Bainounah Power Company, ADWEA, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 140,000 m³/d MSF
- Sohar Power and Desalination Plant, Oman 136,363 m³/d MSF
- Sitra Power and Water Station, Bahrain, Bahrain 113,000 m³/d MSF
- Takreer (Abu Dhabi National Oil Co.), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 68,000 m³/d MSF
- Libya Iron and Steel Company, Libya, Libya 31,000 m³/d MSF
- Maaden Phosphate, Saudi Arabia 13,464 m³/d MED
- UCDEM St. Barthelemy, French West Indies, Carribean Islands, France 9,000 m³/d MED
- Tripoli West Power Station, Libya 9,000 m³/d MED
- Kuwait National Petroleum Company, Kuwait 8,515 m³/d MSF
- Hawar Power Station, MEW, Bahrain, Bahrain 2,300 m³/d MED