Back to listing
ACCIONA is a leader in providing sustainable solutions for infrastructure and renewable energy projects across the world. Through its Water line of business, it is a leader in the water treatment sector, capable of designing, building and operating drinking water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, tertiary treatment for reuse and reverse osmosis desalination plants.
The water business of ACCIONA is responsible for managing the complete water cycle to serve end users in areas from water collection and water purification—including desalination—to wastewater treatment and return to the environment.
Thanks to innovation in the design, implementation and operation of water treatment, purification and desalination plants, the company is a leader in global solutions which contribute to sustainable development in the water industry.
ACCIONA's strategy is to maintain its presence in the complete water cycle—construction, operation and services—both in Spain and in international markets.
Today, ACCIONA serves the supply needs of a total population of 135 million people in more than 30 countries across the world. In 2019 the company earned revenues of 758 million euros.
- A leading company in the management of the complete water cycle.
- Pioneers in desalination through reverse osmosis.
- More than 135 million people benefit from our activity worldwide.
- Continuous innovation in water technology.
Selected References: Design & Construction, O&M for 12 months
- DWTP Laguna Lake, Muntinlupa, Philippines 2020, 150,000 m³/d RO
Selected References: Design & Construction
- SWRO Al Khobar II, Khobar, Saudi Arabia 2019, 630,000 m³/d RO
- SWRO Shuqaiq III, Al Shuqaiq, Saudi Arabia 2019, 450,000 m³/d RO
- Copiapo, Chile 2011, 51,840 m³/d RO
Selected References: Desalination plant supplier & operator
- Umm Al Houl Extension , Doha, Qatar 2019, 272,760 m³/d RO
- Al-Khobar 1, Saudi Arabia 2018, 210,000 m³/d RO
- Putatan 2, Manila, Philippines 2016, 150,000 m³/d RO
- Ras Abu Fontas A3, Al Wakrah, Ras Abu Fontas, Qatar 2015, 163,656 m³/d RO
- Isla de Sal, Cabo Verde 2014, 5,000 m³/d RO
- Sao Vicente, Cabo Verde 2014, 5,000 m³/d RO
- Fujairah 1, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates 2012, 137,000 m³/d RO
- SWRO-4 (Al-Jubail), Eastern Providence, Saudi Arabia 2012, 100,000 m³/d RO
- Adelaide, SA, Australia 2010, 300,000 m³/d RO
- Paraguaná, Venezuela 2010, 75,000 m³/d RO
- Tordera Ext., Barcelona, Spain 2009, 28,800 m³/d RO
- San Antonio, Ibiza, Spain 2009, 17,500 m³/d RO
- Torrevieja, Alicante, Spain 2008, 240,000 m³/d RO
- Fouka, Algeria 2008, 120,000 m³/d RO
- Reggio Calabria, Italy 2007, 25,000 m³/d RO
- Guia, Spain 2007, 5,000 m³/d RO
- Beckton, London, U.K. 2006, 150,000 m³/d RO
- Tampa, FL, U.S.A. 2006, 108,831 m³/d RO
- Cartagena Ext., Spain 2006, 65,000 m³/d RO
- Menorca - Ciutadella, Spain 2006, 10,000 m³/d RO
- Telde Phase II, Spain 2005, 16,000 m³/d RO
- Martos, Spain 2004, 15,552 m³/d RO
- Canal de Alicante, Spain 2003, 65,000 m³/d RO
- Sureste, Spain 2003, 33,000 m³/d RO
- Arucas-Moya Phase I & II, Spain 2003, 15,000 m³/d RO
- Tordera, Barcelona, Spain 2002, 28,800 m³/d RO
- Javea, Alicante, Spain 2002, 26,000 m³/d RO
- Praia, Cabo Verde 2002, 5,000 m³/d RO
- Talara, Peru 2002, 2,200 m³/d RO
- Carboneras, Spain 2001, 120,000 m³/d RO
- Cartagena, Spain 2001, 65,000 m³/d RO
- Almeria Capital, Spain 2001, 50,000 m³/d RO
- Campo Dalias, Spain 2001, 20,000 m³/d RO
- Las Palmas III Extension, Canary Islands, Spain 2001, 6,700 m³/d RO
- St. Eulalia, Spain 2001, 1,075 m³/d RO
- Milan, Italy 2000, 6,480 m³/d RO
- Naples, Italy 2000, 1,728 m³/d RO
- Barcelona Expansion, Spain 2000, 480 m³/d RO
Selected References: Design, construction, O&M for 10 years
- SWRO Tseung Kwan O, Hong Kong 2019, 135,000 m³/d RO
Selected References: Desalination plant supplier
- Jebel Ali Power and Desalination station complex (JAPS), Dubai, United Arab Emirates 2018, 181,840 m³/d RO
Selected References: Operator
- Mombasa, Kenya 2018, 100,000 m³/d RO
Selected References: Equipment Supplier
- Ras Abu Fontas A2, Ras Abu Fontas, Qatar 2015, 164,000 m³/d RO